How to apply for ESTA?
Do you need to apply for ESTA even if you only want to transit through the USA?
If you belong to a country that is a member of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), then it is a must to get an ESTA even for transit through the USA. Having a valid ESTA application to transit in the US is a must.
Wie Beantragen Zum ESTA? (How to apply for ESTA?):
The ESTA beantragen is not so complicated and it can be summarized in a few steps. An applicant applies for ESTA through the Custom and Border Protection website or any other services providing websites like estaexpress24.com. To apply for ESTA you need to do the following things:
- ESTA form completion
- Submit your necessary documents
- Make payment
- Wait for the application to process
ESTA form completion:
The ESTA form needs your personal information, especially the passport identification number. This personal information includes:
- Complete name as it is mentioned in your passport
- Parents information
- Your citizenship
- Contact information; email address and phone number
- Employment information, etc.
Necessary document submission:
The essential documents you need to apply for ESTA are:
- Your valid passport at least 6 months after the intended departure from the US.
- You need a valid payment method also. Such as American Express, VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or PayPal.
After completing the ESTA application form, providing valid documents, and paying fees, you need to wait for the application to proceed.
To apply for ESTA there is a fixed cost that every applicant must pay. The total cost of ESTA is $14 per applicant that is broken down into the following two parts:
- $4 is the processing fee per applicant and that is charged to the person who applies for the ESTA.
- Remaining $10 per applicant is the authorization fee and it is charged to the person who gets ESTA approval. In the case of ESTA denial, a person pays only $4.
ESTA processing time:
The good news is that the ESTA application processing time is extremely short. In most cases, you will receive a response within 72 hours, if your information revels no potential security threats. The fast and efficient response of ESTA is its biggest benefit and there is no need of waiting for weeks or months for your visa to be processed.
Some facts about beantragen (to apply) ESTA:
- The validity of ESTA ensures that you can enter the US multiple times. It means an approved ESTA application is valid for every short visit of the US until the ESTA application gets expired.
- In any case, there is no possibility of getting an extension with an ESTA. If in any case, you need to stay for long in the US, there is no chance to change your status. You must need to get a proper visa for this.
- There are no age restrictions for ESTA application and children also need ESTA to visit the USA.