Maldives has slowly opened its borders to visitors from around the globe after the complete lockdown till July 2020. The number of cases that were reported in Maldives reached the peak during the pandemic. However, the doors to Maldives have opened slightly and only specific visitors are allowed to enter the place.
Maldives has become one of the most opted honeymoon destinations by almost all couples who get married. The private islands, luxury hotels, rooms amidst ocean water, the best and long stretched seashore for an evening walk, etc., all together have made this place a wonderful and even romantic getaway.
If you are planning a vacation in Maldives, then you should first find the best accommodation facility for your stay. You can check the Vakkaru Maldives resort located in an island retreat. This place is quite famous for it’s surrounded by an organic farm, lagoon bar, and merana spa, and serves as the best place to stay in the Maldives. You can learn more about the place by visiting the Zeldiva Luxury travel concierge.
Who is Allowed to go to the Maldives Now?
Not everyone is allowed to enter Maldives today. If you feel like visiting the place, then you should have proof stating that you have tested negative a few days before you traveled to the place.
Restrictions to Travel to the Maldives
- You should carry a PCR test result that states that you are a negative patient. This test should be conducted 96 hours before your visit the place. The test report should also clearly mention the laboratory name and also the date when the sample was collected.
- 24 hours before your arrival at Maldives, you should submit the Traveler Health declaration form attached with the result of the PCR test form to the respective travel association in the Maldives.
- You are allowed to split stays between different hotels. If you prefer staying in a hotel for more than 48 hours, then you must undergo another PCR test in the Maldives.
- You cannot stay within 6 feet from another individual when in Maldives, and you should make sure that you have your mask on all the time.
- You are not allowed to crowd the area and also should follow the strict protocol of washing your hand as frequently as possible.
- If you are vaccinated, then you will need to produce the proof of your vaccination to the concerned departments in the Maldives.
What the Visitors Can Expect in the Maldives
- The visitors are suggested to split their stay in multiple hotels during their stay in the Maldives. No hotels or resorts allow the stay of a visitor for more than 48 hours in their accommodation facility. You should submit the demand for the split stay in multiple hotels 48 hours before your travel to the Maldives.
- Mask is a must both indoors and outdoors of the hotel premises. A temperature check is a compulsory procedure.
- You should carry separate masks and hand sanitizers with you all the time.
Get vaccinated and stay safe from COVID-19. This will help you with a safe trip to the Maldives.